Natural skincare from the New Zealand rainforest
The powerful canopy trees, lush ferns, and flowering shrubs which feed New Zealand’s songbirds belong to one of the world’s most unique and unpolluted environments on Earth – the New Zealand rainforest.
It’s here that New Zealand's plant species have evolved in geographic isolation over tens of millions of years. New Zealand lies deep in the South Pacific, and separated in ancient times from Gondwanaland – the great subcontinent that included most of the landmasses of the Southern Hemisphere.
An island nation, New Zealand was untouched by humans until just a thousand years ago when discovered by Polynesian explorers. Great swathes of landscape remain unpopulated to this day: it's a wild and fresh environment with plant species found nowhere else on Earth.
You have to experience the New Zealand rainforest to know what a powerfully energising place it is to be. The air is clean and cool in any season, refreshed from the south by Antarctic air currents and above by regular rainfall.
The tallest trees tower for the light, while shading lush and diverse species below. At any height, the pristine flora is bursting with potent anti-blemish, anti-fungal and antioxidant-rich properties.
It’s from this exceptional environment that Antipodes is proud to present pollution-free and skin-enhancing bioactive extracts that feature across our skincare range.
Our rainforest extracts are pure and potent, and sustainably harvested with great care for the wilderness.
Experience the skin-enhancing power of:
- Golden kowhai for high antioxidant bioactivity. Natural antimicrobial properties halt the growth of microorganisms like bacteria or fungi, making it the perfect cleansing and moisturising agent.
- Mamaku black fern for cell renewal. Firms and protects your skin, and generates fresh cell growth. Mamaku is a stunning rainforest tree fern, and the spiral shape of its unfurling frond is a strong symbol of new life in New Zealand. This 'koru' shape is the main feature of the livery of Air New Zealand's fleet, for which Antipodes is the official skincare partner.
- Crimson pohutukawa for skin conditioning. The bioactive extract from the flowers of New Zealand’s iconic pohutukawa is conditioning, deeply moisturising, antioxidant-packed and antiseptic. It also promotes cell regeneration and soft, youthful skin.
- Health-generating totara. The mighty totara is a native New Zealand hardwood tree that is extremely durable. Totara extract imparts this strength to your skin, neutralising the free radicals linked to skin ageing. It also has powerful antimicrobial and anti-blemish qualities, meaning you can achieve super-clean skin.
- Omega-rich harakeke New Zealand flax. At the rainforests’ lower levels, growing where they emerge into the lowlands, our native flax yields an oil that deeply moisturises skin. We hold in adoration its high levels of omega – an essential fatty acid for truly healthy skin.
These are just the start of a cache of ingredients from New Zealand nature that deliver a powerhouse of antioxidants and nutrients to your skin.
We choose to partner with Watson & Son, a New Zealand company that shares our sustainability values
Kiwi seed oil can help improve elasticity as well as reduce wrinkles and fine lines
Our range of fragrances are specially developed by a French-born expert from natural, sustainable plant sources
We present the best in the world to the rest of the world
We're delighted to share our latest video, showcasing our skin-brightening range as well as some beautiful New Zealand nature.
Keep an eye out for the cabs zooming around central London wrapped in the distinctive green wallpaper print Antipodes® uses on its packaging from Sunday April 1.
It may seem counter-intuitive to apply mud to your skin in order to cleanse it, but the skin-enhancing benefits of mineral-rich mud have been harnessed for beauty treatments all over the world for centuries.
Antipodes’ is celebrating another placement in premium French media with its Juliet Skin-Brightening Gel Cleanser featured in the latest edition of Elle France magazine.
Antipodes® is delighted to announce that its premium natural skincare and makeup is now available at all 350 Chemist Warehouse stores across Australia.
Antipodes® has taken it back to the 1970s for its latest fun short film about a highly competitive tennis game between three friends decked out in the best sporting threads the decade had to offer.
Elizabeth Barbalich appeared in The Standard in early April.
The eye-catching London black cabs covered in Antipodes® distinctive green wallpaper print are creating a buzz in the English capital as the green beauty brand increases its profile there.
Antipodes devotees in the French capital have been treated to a stunning vegetarian pop-up space in the heart of the flagship Printemps department store, a new beauty concept for the luxury chain.
It’s not often you head off to a product launch in a personalised car, but some of the UK’s top beauty bloggers were not only treated to a memorable afternoon tea hosted by Antipodes at the luxurious Rosewood London hotel, they got to ride there in style.
Antipodes is now available at the flagship Shinsegae duty-free store in downtown Seoul, La Rinascente Milano in Italy and and online at Lazada.sg.
Antipodes' new vegan Halo Skin-Brightening Facial Mud Mask has been officially launched in Shanghai.
Antipodes® was honoured to be awarded the top prize at this year's ExportNZ ASB Wellington Export Awards, Wellington Exporter of the Year.
Watch our new film showcasing our Ruby Bay Rouge Moisture-Boost Natural Lipstick filmed at RUBY boutique.
More than 40 beauty writers and bloggers attended the launch of Antipodes' Moisture-Boost Natural Lipsticks into Le Bon Marché in Paris.
Antipodes was honoured to be one of the unique New Zealand brands showcased at last week's Superyacht Cup Palma in Spain by 100% Pure New Zealand.
Watch our new video for Forest Berry Red Moisture-Boost Natural Lipstick filmed at Smith The Grocer
Watch our new video for Queenstown Hot Chocolate Moisture-Boost Natural Lipstick
Some of Hong Kong's best beauty writers and bloggers attended our vegan lunch event at Hong Kong's stylish Grassroots Pantry.
Watch our new how-to video featuring Apostle Skin-Brightening Serum.
Watch our new film showcasing our South Pacific Coral Moisture-Boost Natural Lipstick filmed at Monsoon Poon in Wellington.
Antipodes® CEO and founder, Elizabeth Barbalich, has won the highly-coveted Product category of the NZ EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards.
Look a little closer next time you see a photo of the Duchess of Sussex – she might just be wearing Antipodes Skincare’s natural moisture lipstick Boom Rock Bronze!